RSS

Thursday, April 5, 2012

My Son, My Miracle, Page 1



When I am Baptized

I love to look for rainbows
Whenever there is rain.
And ponder on the beauty
Of an earth made clean again.
I want my life to be as clean
As earth right after rain.
I want to be the best I can
And live with God again.
--Rita Dale Milner






"Mr. Masten, I don't think your son is going to make it," whispered a somber pediatrician soon after our third son was born.


Journal Entry September 5, 1985

Jared, you and your brothers have a very special mission to perform in this world. Even though you are arriving almost one month early, I know you are healthy and strong. You have kicked me with much strength and vigor for some time now. So much so, the water bed ripples from your constant activity while I'm trying to sleep.

I am so anxious to look at your cute little face. I got a brief glimpse of you on an ultra-sound and I know you will be beautiful.


Tomorrow you will rest in your daddy's arms for the first time and you will feel and hear his heart beat as you have mine for the past eight months. We are so very happy that you are coming to us. My hopes and prayers are that we can guide you and your brothers well through your growing years so that you will be prepared to do anything you are called on to do.

Just a few more hours, my love, and I will finally look into your eyes and know that you were sent to us straight from Heaven. Until tomorrow . . . . . . Mom.

To Be Continued









2 comments:

Katie said...

This is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Very nice mom!

Post a Comment